The New York Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (The NYSPCC) seeks a motivated, devoted professional with strong clinical skills to serve as a Trauma Therapist. The position requires a Sunday through Thursday schedule with two evenings during the week. The position involves a hybrid of remote and in-person work.
The Trauma Therapist will play an important role in supporting the agency mission to effectively responding to the complex needs of abused and neglected children, and those involved in their care.
· Provide trauma-focused therapeutic services on-site to economically disadvantaged families participating in our Therapeutic Supervised Visitation and Trauma Recovery Programs
· Facilitate crisis debriefings throughout the five boroughs with child welfare staff after critical incidents and fatalities
· Co-facilitate Safe Touches child sexual abuse prevention workshops with K-3rd grade students
· Provide workshops and trainings to children, parents, or professionals
· LMSW, LMHC or equivalent and New York State licensure required
· A minimum of two years of experience working with high-conflict families with histories of trauma and an understanding of the complexities of domestic violence, child abuse and neglect, mental health and substance abuse issues preferred
· A commitment to social justice in child welfare preferred
· Familiarity implementing evidence-based practices preferred