Program Manager I - Bilingual Spanish/English preferred|
Catholic Charities, Brooklyn & Queens
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Jun 25, 2021
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - New York - Jamaica/Queens
||- n/a -
The Program Manager I is responsible for day-to-day administration and operation of the Senior Center (100 plus seniors attending daily) ensuring quality services, adherence to budget and meeting contractual obligations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ensures quality programs, services and lunch to participants according to agency and funding source regulations.
* Holds staff accountable for planning and implementation of quality service to clients, including food service management, provision of supportive services, and maintenance of sanitary, safety and health guidelines.
* Ensures program and staff adherence to agency and contractual regulations.
* Provide individual supervision, group supervision and meetings with staff.
* Provide direct service to clients (approximately 25% of allocated time).
* Under the direction of the Project Director, responsible for interviewing, hiring, performance appraisals of program staff.
* Responsible for the recruitment and training of volunteers.
* Provide food service management and ensure compliance with food service regulations.
* Ensure fiscal accountability of program, including adherence to budget.
* Responsible for site and incident reviews of client and staff.
* Responsible for ensuring appropriate coverage of program.
* Provides and monitors quality assurance, utilization and budgetary reviews.
* Prepare periodic written reports for Project Director, which addresses progress of direct service to clients, programmatic issues, service levels, staff issues, building problems, outreach efforts, and any other pertinent issues.
* Represent program at agency and community meetings and workshops.
* Coordinate special projects, as needed.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES
* Bachelor’s Degree required, plus three years of experience in Human Service or Social Service field, and one year of supervisory /administrative experience preferably with the elderly.
* Master’s Degree in Human Services or related field preferred.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
* Experience working with the community and advocacy.
* Experience with direct service provision to clients.
* Prior supervisory or administrative experience required.
* Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
* Good Customer relations skills.
* Attended or will attend cultural and LGBT sensitivity training.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
* Frequenting walking, sitting, talking, or hearing.
* Occasional standing, stooping, kneeling, & crouching.
* Ability to speak in front of large groups of people.
* Should be able to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, & office equipment.
* Ability to read printed materials and computer screens.
* Ability to write.