Project Hope Team Leader (Supervisor) /Behavioral Health|
Northside Center for Child Development
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Jun 24, 2021
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - New York - New York
||- n/a -
About the Role:
Reporting to the Program Coordinator – Project Hope; Director of Behavioral Health, the Team Leader will supervise a team of up to 8 crisis counselors (paraprofessionals or early career mental health professionals) who will be working virtually or in the field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIILITIES
• Support crisis counselors in assessing individuals who may require traditional mental health or substance use treatment services. Team leader may perform crisis counseling as needed.
• Provide coordination and oversight of the crisis counselors’ plans of service.
• Use Project Hope data to conduct ongoing needs assessment.
• Coordinate data collection activities and review data form submissions for accuracy.
• Review and accept/reject forms submitted through Project Hope portal.
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with community agencies.
• Ensure all staff documentation is completed in a timely fashion.
• Complete Project Hope administrative tasks, including:
o Verbal and written warnings for staff failing to meet role expectations.
o Complete ADP for all supervisees.
o Other administrative tasks, as needed.
• Train new staff members as needed, including accompanying crisis counselors to in
• person visits to ensure appropriate services are delivered.
• Work with Program Coordinator and Director of Behavioral Health/Clinic to ensure timely submission of reports.
• Collaborate with the Program Coordinator and Director of Behavioral Health/Clinic, and quality assurance team to provide best practice compliance with OMH regulations.
• Must attend community events as needed.
• Must participate in all internal agency and external meetings, as needed.
• Work occasional late evenings or weekends, as needed.
• Master’s or doctorate in mental health (i.e., Mental Health Counseling, Psychology, Social Work) required.
• Charismatic personality with strong ability to lead.
• Experience providing supervision.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop collaborative working relationships.
• Good time management and organizational skills.
• Independent and self-motivated.
• Willingness to travel to community sites, as needed.
• Experience with assessments and data coordination.
• Proficient in the following applications: Office 365 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Forms, Teams) and Zoom .
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience with disaster relief programs.
• Bilingual – Spanish.