The NJ Department of Children and Families (DCF) seeks a dynamic, creative leader with a track record in change management & social service innovation to lead the Division of Family and Community Partnerships.
Provide oversight of offices within the Division while being an integral member of the leadership team for DCF.
* Oversee ongoing operation of offices within the division while leading & supporting offices & team members
* Develop & oversee in-depth process to review the division’s current array of programs and services to determine relevance/need, quality & service gaps.
* Partner with the other divisions to develop a short-term plan to better align the Office’s array of programs and services with the Department’s vision.
* Assess division staff training needs.
* Lead an effort to create a framework that articulates the desired intermediate & long-term outcomes for families, children, and communities served by the Division of Family and Community Partnerships.
* Use foundational materials to contribute to a long-term strategic plan for the prevention in child welfare that aligns with the department strategic plan.
* Create strong collaborative partnerships internally as well as with key state agencies and non-profit service and advocacy organizations.
EDUCATION: Master's in Industrial or Organizational Psychology, Business or Public Administration, Operations Research, Labor Relations, Social Work or related field.
EXPERIENCE: 5+ yrs in an executive, managerial, or administrative capacity managing large-scale work in one of the following: supervising direct social service or health care delivery in public or private organizations, preferably ones that provide services through a mix of contracted and internal services; design and implementation of new social service models or programs.
* Demonstrated leadership, organizational development, financial management and human resources skills.
* Competency in areas including: Designing and leading innovative initiatives in a transparent and inclusive way that builds on team assets; change management; participatory community planning; strategic thinking and planning, collaboration and teamwork, holding people accountable, developing others, managing to results, research / data analysis skills, writing and presentation skills, partnership development, ability to effectively lead and work in a multi-disciplinary team; build consensus.
* Strong MS Office skills.
RESUME NOTE: Eligibility determinations are based upon information presented on the resume only. Applicants who possess a degree from a college or university outside the US must provide an evaluation of one’s transcripts from a recognized evaluation service at the time of submission. Failure to do so may result in your ineligibility.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter & resume in PDF format, saving by Last Name, First Name to:
Equal Opportunity Employer