Bilingual Patient Care Coordinator|
Southland Integrated Services, Inc.
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Jun 08, 2021
||$20 - $22 per hour
||US - California - Garden Grove
||- n/a -
Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Participate in outreach and engagement activities to promote Southland’s services.
• Network and collaborate with community organizations, schools, hospitals, and other appropriate establishments to increase health access and resources for the underserved community.
• Assess program qualifications and complete necessary intake procedures.
• Evaluate patients’ physical and mental health impairments as appropriate.
• Provide direct patient care, diagnostic procedures, therapeutic interventions and offer necessary resources.
• Provide for patient comfort by performing services that optimize patient satisfaction.
• Educate patients on treatment options, methods and techniques to ensure the patients understand the overall intake and treatment process.
• Develop appropriate treatment and recovery plans.
• Monitor patients over time to access treatment progress.
• Maintain good and timely records for patients. Agree to and comply with all agency policies and procedures.
• Collaborate with clinic staff, psychiatrists, doctors, nurses, social workers, and other departments.
• Work with other professional staff to collaborate on treatment methods and plans for patients and to assess suitability for counseling services or referral to other treatment centers.
• Identify behaviors that interfere with treatment and recovery.
• Assist primary caregivers to manage behavioral impairments as appropriate.
• Attend meetings, participate in agency and community events as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required to satisfactorily complete job:
• Must be bilingual English and Vietnamese or Spanish.
• Strong ability to provide support to patients and family members.
• Capacity to exercise good judgment in a calm manner when responding to psychiatric and medical emergencies or other unpredictable situations
• Demonstrates professional conduct and accountability, including understanding the legal consequences of patient’s rights and responsibilities.
• Assists with quality improvement, safety and regulatory functions as directed. Participates in process change to improve practice.
• Ability to de-escalate sometimes stressful patient situations.
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, and a compassionate nature.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Extensive experience in care coordination, multidisciplinary team and community health setting.
• Bachelor’s degree in psychology or related field or have peer support experience preferred.
• Experience with co-occurring health and mental health problems preferred.
• Knowledge of Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services’ (SAMHSA) best practice indicators.
• Interest in working with the underserved, low-income communities is highly desired.
• Verification of employment eligibility. Must pass background check/sanction screening.
• TB clearance, renewed annually.