Brief Strategic Family Therapy Therapist|
Community Mediation Services
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Jun 03, 2021
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - New York - Jamaica
||- n/a -
If you are passionate about serving youth and families in their homes, have superior interpersonal, & communication skills, desire to work in an environment with constructive oversight & focus on successful outcomes, we want you! We are seeking an individual with family-based clinical training and experience to implement Brief Strategic Family Therapy (BSFT MODEL). The BSFT MODEL is a top researched community-based intervention model to treat families with children and adolescents ages 6-17 who present with various conduct problems. The BSFT Model eliminates child/adolescent presenting problems by transforming maladaptive family interactions into constructive and supportive interactions. More information on this treatment model may be found here: http://www.BSFT Model.org/ Duties include assessment, treatment, documentation. Therapist will function as part of a BSFT MODEL team and will participate in weekly team supervision and consultation. Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule based on families’ availability.
The service components are listed for the following boroughs: Queens (16 slots) (ages 6 – 18yrs) and Brooklyn (24 slots) (ages 6 – 18yrs).
• Carry Caseload of 8 families diverted from family court. Provide time limited evidence based Brief Strategic Family Therapy (BSFT) program to families with youths who are: at risk, experimenting or using substances.
• Rigorous ongoing training for certification in evidenced based model; ensure full compliance with implementation, delivery of the BSFT program and stringent clinical and administrative requirements.
• Be available and flexible to families on a 24/7 basis, outside of regular business hours to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Conduct a combination of home and office visits, tele-conference and when necessary phone sessions
• Ensure that program services are goal directed and ensure length of service requirements are met as defined by ACS.
• Prepare and Submit Progress Notes, Service Plans, enter data in several database systems and other time related material associated with the monitoring of a family;
• Coordinate referrals and linkages within the community for children and families;
• Collaborate with other agency and community support services
• Participate in weekly Supervision and Unit meeting with Supervisor
• Manage assigned caseload and provide coverage for peer's caseload as needed, provide direct clinical treatment using methods compatible with assigned BSFT model.
• Conduct assessments including review of referral information, identifying and engaging key participants, identifying systemic strengths and weaknesses and individualized treatment planning
Comply with all record keeping & documentation requirements
• Participate in BSFT Introductory Training
• Complete model specific documentation
• Complete all related BSFT documentation including Case Aide contact log and Case Aide task list.
• Utilize and manage both the CONNECTIONS and PROMIS application toward Caseload Accuracy, Case Assignments and Case Contacts;
• Adherence to NYC/NYS regulations, policies and procedures
• Other tasks assigned by Supervisor/ Director
• Ensure client consumer letters are sent and correspondence is consistent
· Assist in preparing cases for audits and case closure
• Master’s Degree required and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Child Welfare desired; bilingual Spanish a plus.
· Average caseload: 8 Families per therapist
· Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
· Willing to work in the homes and community
· Be available for emergencies and crises during evenings/weekends.
· Work schedule based on program needs and is subject to change where necessary
Case contact frequency and location of contacts: Weekly sessions for at least 90 minutes; primarily home-based.
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday to Friday, Weekends Experience: Willingness to Travel: 50% (Preferred)
Work Location: Brooklyn and Queens, Work Remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
Name: Community Mediation Services
Address: 89-64 163rd Street
State/Province: New York
Country: United States