JOB SUMMARY: Hathaway-Sycamores Child & Family Services provides a spectrum of mental health services through various programs for populations of all acuities. Although Hathaway-Sycamores serves a variety of consumers, the agency focuses primarily on providing care to low-income and high at-risk youth.
The function of the Health Information Management department is to collect information in a timely manner, manage the information for accuracy, and completeness in compliance with governing agencies. Other functions include protection of the confidential information, but information is also available to staff and liaison for the use to improve the quality of care for this population. Health Information Management (HIM) professionals work in a variety of different settings and job titles. They often serve in bridge roles, connecting clinical, operational, and administrative functions. These professionals affect the quality of client information and client care at every touch point in the treatment of care delivery cycle. HIM professionals work on the classification of treatments to ensure they are standardized for clinical, financial, and legal uses in healthcare. Health Information Management professionals care for clients by caring for their health records. The Health Information Management professionals’ responsibilities include managing the client’s electronic and paper record throughout the records lifecycle, which includes from the time such records are created through destruction.
· High School Diploma AND/OR at least 3 years of relevant experience required.
· Maintains all required licenses and certifications.
· High level of ownership, accountability, and initiative
· Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
· Ability to quickly learn and implement new procedures and processes.
· Ability to positively and proactively handle employees concerns and prioritize multiple tasks under pressure.
· Highly flexible, punctual, reliable, and eager
· Strong organizational and analytical abilities
· Positive attitude and work ethic.
· Incumbent should possess knowledge of Microsoft Office, HIPAA knowledge, and navigating multiple databases a plus.
· Detailed oriented, good organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
· Self-started, and work with minimum supervision.
· Must have leadership ability; and able to interact with agency staff as well as individuals outside of agency.