Child and Family Activity Specialist - Full Time Temporary Position
The Activity Specialist will plan and organize a series of in-person and remote activities for children, adults and families, primarily serving our programs for Kinship Caregivers. They will work closely with the program supervisor and staff to identify appropriate activities, and make all arrangements with consideration to evolving safety guidelines related to Covid. They will report to the Caregiver Program Supervisor. Note that this is a temporary position, through August 31, 2021.
• Within the first 2 weeks of employment, develop a proposal for approximately 20 in-person events for children, families and parents/caregivers, including budget and staffing needs for each event.
• Plan and organize all logistics for events on final approve calendar, including managing shopping, shipping or delivery of supplies to families (for remote events), making arrangements for food, transportation and ticketing.
• Create Covid safety guidelines for in-person events and ensure that all staff and clients have resources needed to understand and follow guidelines.
• Develop flyers, emails and internal recruitment materials
• Manage registration, client reminders and any needed consents or instructions for all activities
• Lead most or all events, with support from other staff, consultants or volunteers as needed.
• Responsible for ensuring safety and appropriateness of all activities and events for target population
• Responsible for communicating expectations and enforcing rules for all child and adult participants, as well as staff and volunteers.
• Work with Development and Communications team to publicize activities through TFC social media platforms.
• Demonstrated ability to engage children and teens in group activities
• Familiarity with recreational and youth development facilities and resources in NYC
• Minimum HS Diploma or GED
• Responsible and detail oriented
• Strong computer skills including Google Suite and Microsoft Office
• Available to work a Tuesday-Saturday schedule with flexibility for some evening hours.
• Bilingual Spanish preferred but not required
Please email resume with cover letter that includes salary requirements to email@example.com and put “Child and Family Activity Specialist, Caregiver Program” in subject line.
The Family Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Family Center is covered under FMLA