Response Crisis Center seeks a full time Director of Training. Response is Suffolk County's 24/7 crisis-intervention and suicide prevention center, is the area provider for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and is nationally accredited by the American Association of Suicidology. The Director of Training is responsible for maintaining an expertly trained and professionally supervised crisis counselor workforce. As a member of the management team, the Director of Training works closely with the Executive Director and Director of Development to meet all accreditation standards and strategic planning objectives and assists in the management and oversight of all community partnerships and initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
• supervision and ongoing training of all paid and unpaid crisis counselors
• plan, develop and implement at least two trainings a year to recruit new crisis counselors, as well as advanced training and supervision for experienced counselors as per accreditation guidelines
• maintain necessary records and reporting requirements
• provide professional trainings in the community and assist with community education efforts in school districts
• assist with management and clinical supervision of structured telephone follow up programs
• monitor and give feedback on all suicide-related calls
• monitor and evaluate effectiveness of training programs
• Take calls on the hotline as needed, and adjust schedule as needed to help maintain hotline coverage
• Assist with special projects as needed
Qualifications: LMSW, LCSW, LMHS preferred. Previous supervisory, training, and crisis services experience preferred.
Interested candidates email resume to: