Fountain House’s housing program provides a sense of safety and stability, ensuring that members (individuals living with mental illness(es): remain housed; establish a safe space for recovery; develop independent living skills; increase their self-sufficiency and build a strong foundation from which they can achieve their life goals.
Residence Staff Workers will provide exemplary care and assistance to our residents in their home. We want to create a caring, collaborative community where our member residents will thrive and achieve their goals by providing support with resident’s daily lives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Engage and work alongside members in the residence or apartment to perform necessary tasks for the upkeep of the residence and the well-being of members.
• Assist members with all aspects of community support services and case management work (including housing and entitlements, clinical linkage and follow-up, etc.).
• Establish and update goals and record progress of members, with members.
• Prepare and submit paperwork (including service plans, progress notes, plan reviews, etc.), in a consistent and timely manner.
• Other duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate within the agency and with external providers such as Physicians, Social Security, Medicaid.
• Excellent computer and software proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook) required.
• Experience with AWARDS database preferred.
• Must be able to work under pressure and in during a crisis.
• Ability to meet deadlines for documentation and any other necessary duties.
• Ability to work independently, multitask and conduct assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.