Parenting with Love & Limits (PLL) is an evidence-based family education, skill-building and therapeutic intervention model that has demonstrated effectiveness in significantly reducing aggressive behaviors, depression, attention deficit disorder problems, externalizing problems and substance use, while also reducing recidivism and improving family communication.
The program targets specific risk and protective factors related to delinquency and other emotional and behavioral problems. PLL is currently recognized as a Model Program through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's (SAMHSA’s) National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practices. PLL utilizes assessment, group sessions and individual coaching sessions throughout the program.
Westchester PLL seeks a dynamic, experienced BILINGUAL CLINICIAN with:
· Master’s degree in a counseling-related discipline.
· Licensure is not necessary to apply, but presents an opportunity for a therapist to gain hours towards licensure
· Position requires a 5-day offsite certification training, with all expenses paid by NAFI. Recent trainings have been held in Massachusetts, Ohio and Florida.
· Facilitate group therapy
· Deliver individual and family coaching/therapy
· Work non-traditional hours
· Be open-minded and willing to learn a new and different approach to clinical work
· The program provides high levels of supervision
o There is a videotaping component of the program that requires clinicians to tape groups and family coaching/therapy for supervision regarding the cases
· Work collaboratively with the Westchester County Department of Social Services, the PLL model developers and NAFI counterparts to ensure:
o Optimal implementation of the model
o Stellar results for our clients
o Positive outcomes for the program
· Must hold a valid driver’s license, have own vehicle and willingness to travel throughout Westchester County and to travel periodically to offices in Orange County, Nassau County, and other locations as required to fulfill job responsibilities.
Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
This position directly reports to the PLL Program Director
NAFI NY is committed to the professional growth of its staff through ongoing training and development initiatives.