Humanistic Foundation Incorporated is a non-profit organization established in March, 1993. We serve dependent and non-minor dependent males housed in a Short-Term Residential Therapeutic Program.
Our highly structured experiential program is designed to teach our clients cognitive strategies and social skills that will enable them to manage their mental health and behavioral health symptoms and live effective and fulfilling lives at home and in the community.
It is the philosophy of Humanistic Foundation Incorporated that every human being has the inherent right to enhance their development and maximize their achievement of self-determination and autonomy in the least restrictive, most humanistic and normalizing environment available to them.
We are seeking a Licensed Clinician to serve as the Head of Service for our Short-Term Residential Therapeutic Program. The Head of Service is responsible for the development and execution of a sound treatment program which will facilitate the development and growth of our adolescent and young adult clients by meeting their physical, emotional, educational, and vocational needs. The Head of Service is required to be on-site for 40 hours per week and be on-call 24 hours per day, on a rotating schedule, to provide support for the mental health team and the residential care staff. Responsibilities include the training and development of mental health treatment team members. The mental health treatment team provides Intensive Home Based Services, Intensive Care Coordination services, individual and group therapy, and Medication Support Services to children placed in the home with a focus on transitioning back into the care of their family or to a long term placement setting.
• Must be a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, or a Licensed Psychologist.
• Must have a minimum of three years of experience providing direct services to children with various mental health diagnoses.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience providing direct supervision to mental health treatment team workers.
• Must have extensive experience completing all related treatment documentation, at current Department of Mental Health standards, including but not limited to Full Assessments, Client Treatment Plans, and progress notes that maintain what DMH refers to as “the clinical loop”.
• Must be able to display, oversee, and teach skilled professionalism, excellent clinical and case management skills, differentiated use of information, and the effective use of crisis intervention and behavioral modification techniques.
Line of Supervision
The Head of Service reports directly to the Assistant Executive Director/Administrator.