HIV PEER OUTREACH SPECIALIST
The HIV Peer Outreach Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing outreach strategies aimed at HIV+ individuals and HIV-affected families across New York City. They will represent the agency in various coalitions and networks, initiate and plan partnership meetings, and conduct outreach presentations and activities aimed at both consumers and providers. They will also provide support to The Positive Life Workshop, a peer-led HIV self-management workshop, assisting as needed with intake and enrollment, facilitation and client follow-up activities. They report to the HIV Treatment Education Manager.
• Working with supervisor, develop and implement outreach strategies aimed at identifying and recruiting people living with HIV in need of TFC services.
• Collaborate with Legal and Contracted Services managers to identify outreach priorities and strategies to meet contractual mandates.
• Initiate and cultivate relationships with potential referring providers and partner organizations, including managing formal linkage agreements.
• Conduct targeted outreach activities including presentations and tabling events, aimed at professionals and/or potential clients.
• Conduct follow-up with potential clients engaged through outreach efforts.
• Assist with planning, recruitment and hosting of outreach and in-reach events and workshops.
• Facilitate Peer Engagement Groups as part of The Family Center's HIV self-management workshop, The Positive Life Workshop.
• Document all outreach and engagement activities and client contact in TFC's EHR and using other tracking tools.
• Represent the agency at various coalitions and/or community planning bodies.
• Special projects and/or tasks as requested.
• Living with HIV and willingness to self-disclose for peer outreach and engagement purposes.
• Excellent engagement, oral and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail and follow-up skills.
• Excellent presentation skills
• High energy and ability to multi-task
• Strong computer skills, including Google Suite and Microsoft Office
• Two years’ experience working in social services or public health fields.
• HS Diploma or GED required
• Training and Certification as a NYS HIV Peer Advocate a plus
• Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred.
Please email resume, cover letter and one writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Put the words “HIV Peer Outreach Specialist” in the subject line of the email.
Please state salary requirements in the cover letter.
The Family Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Family Center is covered under FMLA.