Under the direction of the Human Resources Director, the Senior Human Resources Generalist will perform transactional and strategic duties to support human capitol initiatives at VIP-CMHC. This includes day-to-day and project-based work in benefits, recruitment, benefits, leaves of absence, and payroll.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Senior Human Resources Generalist will:
• Manage full-cycle recruitment for all non-exempt and exempt positions
• Manage new hire orientation and on-boarding programs.
• Manage benefits administration including open enrollment, responding to employee inquiries, trouble shooting, and ensure plan documents are in compliance.
• Process payroll, including recording hours, processing time cards, and auditing the payroll register.
• Manage and maintain the Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
• Knowledge of FMLA/CFRA/PDL/ADA, and other federal, state, and local employment laws.
• Assist the Director of Human Resources in administering leaves of absence paperwork and workers’ compensation claims.
• Research, suggest, and help implement improvements to existing (or develop new) policies.
• Generate reports for from HRIS for departmental and C-Level review.
• Provide HR guidance, expertise, and support to employees.
• Assist with the employee separation process.
• Assist with employee relations.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
• Perform audit and compliance functions as requested, i.e., audit benefits invoices, VOE, EEO-1, benefits census.
• Must be adaptable to different and changing situations and solve problems.
• Proven leadership with ability to build rapport with all levels of the organization in support of organizational goals.
• Ability to work independently, and with minimal supervision.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have minimum 2 years experience as an HR Generalist.
• Demonstrated experience working under minimal supervision in the areas described in the essential functions.
• Working knowledge of state and federal labor laws.
• Must have experience with updating and managing HRIS.
• Knowledgeable in payroll policies and procedures.
• Recruiting experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency and accuracy in using MS Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook to include graphs, tables, and other spreadsheet functions.
• Excellent grammar, written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be customer service oriented.
• Must be a strong multi-tasker capable of meeting multiple deadlines.
• Possess ability to adapt communication style to successfully convey messages and objectives to diverse audience.
• Flexibility, accountability and professionalism are required.
• Attention to detail and high accuracy are a must.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
• PHR or SHRM-CP certification.