The Foundation invests in bold ideas to inspire and lead collective action to achieve robust results in the following four focus areas: Supportive care, workforce development, social impact theatre and public education. The founders’ vision includes focus on marginalized communities, and taking an active role in philanthropy, bringing their passion and expertise to focus on ‘getting things done’, sometimes as the operator and sometimes as the strategic advisor.
For more information about the Foundation, please visit www.billerfamilyfoundation.org.
The Executive Director will oversee all activity of The Sheri and Les Biller Family Foundation and represent the Foundation in its local community and on a national scale. Reporting to the Foundation’s Founders, Sheri and Les Biller and working closely with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be a senior leader with sophisticated expertise and a track record of developing relationships with the diverse communities that share the Foundation’s interests, including businesses, other foundations, and government agencies. With a small team of talented professionals, the Executive Director will manage the Foundation’s annual grant portfolio and ensure its alignment with the founders’ vision and the board’s goals for growth of the Foundation’s community and collective impact.
The Executive Director currently has one direct report, a foundation coordinator, and works closely with the CareerWork$ staff of six to help achieve CareerWork$ goals.
Ideal candidates will have a track record of achieving community outreach, including evaluating, conceiving, and implementing expansion and/or replication strategies and leading projects to their completion. Such candidates will understand the role of an ‘active’ family foundation and an inherent desire to support the founders, board, and staff to continue to shape the Foundation’s strategy for impact and solidify the legacy of the founders’ vision.
Key priorities for the first 18 months of the new Executive Director’s tenure are to:
• Develop and nurture key relationships within the Foundation, including working closely with Sheri and Les Biller to fully understand their vision and philanthropic mindset, to set the Foundation up for long term success as they plan to pull back from the day-to-day roles that they have been performing, while still maintaining a level of engagement to insure the Foundation’s program alignment with their vision.
• Develop solid relationships with the Board, Family Office and staff and gain detailed understanding and familiarity with the current situation, strategy and operational factors underlying all program areas, with a priority focus on Public Education and Supportive Care.
• Lead/facilitate a collaborative planning process..
• Manage and further systematize the giving cycles.
• Serve as a spokesperson for the Foundation in public fora, educating and/or advocating for the Foundation’s mission and focus areas.
• Engage fully in CareerWork$ and be a member of the CareerWork$ Advisory Board.