Title: Case Manager
Program: In Homes Now
Under the general of the Program Director, the CM will work with clients to ensure they receive the substance use, mental health, and medical services they need. The CM will work with the client to maintain their permanent housing. The CM positions spends 50% of their time in the field traveling between clients’ apartments.
In Homes Now is a 230-scatter site apartment program. The program serves, men, women, and families. The individuals and families have histories of homelessness and substance use. The multidisciplinary team includes case managers, peer counselors, psychiatric care providers, and occupational therapy interns who work with clients to ensure housing stability and improve wellbeing. This CM position does not work with families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee a caseload of 16 to 18 clients
• Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team
• Effective communication with team members
• Meet with clients 2x per month in their home
• Counsel clients around money management and substance use
• Timely completion of case notes and filing
• Complete annual psychosocials and intake paperwork
• Complete Service Plans every 6 months with clients
Education Requirements: BA in social work, counseling, psychology, human services, or another related field. Associates Degree/High School Diploma will be considered with relevant experience.
Experience Requirements: 1 year experience working substance use/homeless/formerly homeless populations. Experience with children and families is a plus. Knowledge of AWARDS (case note system) also a plus.
• Communication: Excellent oral, writing, and listening skills are a must.
• Organizational: The ability to work well with various deadlines and meet documentation requirements.
• Interpersonal: An ability to interface with clients as well as all levels of staff.
• Computer: Knowledge of case management software as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Language: Bilingual or multilingual a plus.
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements: to firstname.lastname@example.org