Position: Education and Employment Specialist
Reports to: Senior Director for Residential Programs
Function: Develops educational and employment plans, resources and opportunities for adults with serious mental illness
• Participates as an active member of residential teams in developing and implementing person-centered education and employment related goals and objectives.
• Collaborates with program directors to identify participants.
• Provides education and employment readiness needs assessments and develops individualized Education & Employment plans congruent with participant needs, preferences, goals and readiness
• Provides career counseling, employment skills readiness training, and other activities related to employment readiness in group and individual modailites.
• Identifies educational, vocational and job readiness programs and resources and makes referrals.
• Develops educational and employment initiatives including, but not limited to peer internship program, individual and group tutoring, mentoring and job coaching from resources in the community
• Develops liaisons with educational, vocational and supportive employment providers.
• Develops employment opportunities for participants by establishing linkages and relationships with potential employers in the community.
• Works with employers and educational institutions to promote employment accomodations for participants, according to participant need.
• Provides support and coaching to assist participants engaged in educational, employment or employment readiness activities to improve behaviors, interpersonal skills, and work ethics necessary to maintain employment
• Assists individuals in understanding and managing changes to their benefits and entitlements based on their employment income.
• Assures monitoring and documentation of participant progress by developing and maintaining tracking and progress reports related to placement and retention.
• Establishes a database of training and placement resources.
• Attends in-service training as requested by supervisory personnel.
• Provides consultation to program staff.
• Duties as assigned by supervisor
Salary: $56,000 - $60,000 plus generous benefits
Email a resume, cover letter and contact information for 3 professional references to:
Director, Human Resources and Information Management
Email: jobs at acmhnyc.org
ACMH is committed to the mental and physical wellbeing of vulnerable New Yorkers and is a leader in the provision of outreach
and engagement, care management, rehabilitation, and supportive housing.