Position: Addictions Specialist
Reports to: Senior Director for Residential Programs
Function: Delivers recovery oriented, harm reduction & prevention services to individuals who have substance use and/or co-occurring disorders. Serves as a consultant to other staff members providing training as indicated.
• Participates as an active member of the residential team in developing and implementing person-centered recovery oriented treatment plan goals and objectives.
• Collaborates with program director to identify participants.
• Provides recovery and education services on an individual and group basis for clients with substance use and cooccurring disorders.
• Provides functional skills and substance use assessments in order to develop individualized needs-based plans congruent with client needs, preferences, goals and readiness.
• Establishes and maintains liaison with primary provider of medical, psychiatric and substance use treatment.
• Liaises and makes appropriate referrals to in-patient and outpatient substance use treatment and support groups.
• Administers standardized health screening tools.
• Documents client response to services, progress and regressions, and provides ongoing feedback to client and program team.
• Facilitates crisis intervention in the event of an emergency.
• Submits necessary notes and reports, including incident reports, in compliance with agency procedures.
• Develops and maintains a resource guide for clients and staff on substance use treatment and support programs.
• Provides consultation and coordination for in-staff training and support on addiction related services for the program team.
• Attends in-service training as requested by supervisory personnel.
• Duties as assigned by supervisor.
Salary: $56,000 - $60,000 plus generous benefits
Email a resume, cover letter and contact information for 3 professional references to:
Director, Human Resources and Information Management
Email: jobs at acmhnyc.org
ACMH is committed to the mental and physical wellbeing of vulnerable New Yorkers and is a leader in the provision of outreach and engagement, care management, rehabilitation, and supportive housing.