Clinical Therapist / Crisis Specialist Bilingual LAC+USC Medical Center HUB Clinic ($4,000)|
VIP Community Mental Health Center, Inc.
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Apr 23, 2021
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - California - Los Angeles
||- n/a -
The Bilingual Clinical Therapist/Crisis Specialist is responsible for crisis intervention and mental health screening operations to assess mental health needs, ensure the psychological well-being of patients, and provide appropriate recommendations at the LAC+USC Medical Center HUB Clinic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to VIP’s HUB Clinical Supervisor, the Clinical Therapist/Crisis Specialist is responsible for the following:
• Ability to work collaboratively with members of inter-disciplinary teams; and ability to provide ongoing clinical consultation to medical staff.
• Demonstrated awareness of sensitivity to and competence in dealing with cultural and socioeconomic diversity of client population.
• Conduct mental health screenings/crisis intervention, integrating forensic interviewing techniques and formulating recommendations.
• Educate patient and family regarding the diagnosis, mental health needs, and provide appropriate mental health referrals.
• Develop relationships and ongoing communication with DCFS workers and other staff.
• Participate in training on intervention techniques.
• Complete all required documentation in accordance with regulations (e.g. DMH).
• Maintain all appropriate records including crisis intervention files and/or incident reports, clinical notes and other records as required.
• Follow agency policies and procedures and participate in VIP in-service training programs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ph.D/Psy.D/MSW/MFT degree from an accredited university.
• Fluency in English and Spanish.
• Minimum two years documented experience in a mental health setting.
• Self-starter, independent therapist with the ability to adapt to change in a fast working environment.
• Must meet eligibility requirements to bill for DMH services.
• Strong clinical and communication skills.
• The ability to relate effectively and professionally with children, supervisor, co-workers and staff.
• Strong computer skills, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and web-based Electronic Health Record software (CareLogic).
• Well organized, detail oriented and skilled with time/task management, able to adapt to frequent changes.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Forensic interviewing skills a plus.
• Knowledge of Medi-Cal documentation requirements a plus.
• Familiarity with CQI.
Please apply via the URL below.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Current registration with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) (AMFT, LMFT, ACSW, LCSW); unlicensed Ph.D./PsyD. is eligible for DMH waiver; must maintain CA BBS registration as a condition of employment.
BENEFITS & PERKS
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Supplemental Insurance.
• 401(k) plan / Profit Sharing.
• 12 paid holidays per year.
• Generous paid time off accrual.
• Travel reimbursements at IRS rate.
• $4,000 Bonus.