At Natividad, our dedication to the people of Monterey County is at the heart of everything we do—from the health care services we provide to the specialized programs we promote. This commitment to our community spans more than 130 years and, more importantly, has touched countless lives. It has also earned us a Joint Commission ranking in the top percentile of hospitals nationwide. If you believe in inspiring healthy lives by focusing on community-based care, consider joining Natividad today.
Natividad is seeking to fill one permanent full-time and one temporary Social Worker V - Bilingual position within the Social Services/Utilization Management Department to perform casework of an advanced nature in the most difficult social services areas, requiring the application of highly developed social services expertise and techniques. The Medical Social Work Department at Natividad assists patients and their families who are experiencing difficulties due to a health problem.
Example of Duties:
• Develops psychosocial assessments utilizing all available data in accordance with department policy and procedure regarding psychosocial assessments and patient care plans
• Develops psychosocial intervention plans within 24 hours of referral
• Provides individual, family and group counseling services in accordance with department policy and procedures in regard to psychosocial assessments and scope of social services
• Collaborates and consults with patients' family, physician, nursing ancillary departments, discharge planners and community resources in planning a patient's discharge
• Provides a full range of clinic skills, including care plans, referrals, advocacy and support services and interdisciplinary and inter-agency collaboration
• Refers patients and hospital personnel to all available community service resources
Minimum qualifications include possession of a Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university AND at least one year of full-time experience performing social work case management as a Social Worker; OR possession of a Master's Degree from an accredited two-year counseling program AND at least one year of full-time experience performing social work case management as a Social Worker; OR possession of a Master's degree in social or behavioral science, psychology, anthropology, sociology and counseling education AND two years of full-time experience performing advanced journey (equivalent to a MSS SW III) level social work case management as a Social Worker.
The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of principles of individual and group behavior; principles and techniques of interviewing and recording social casework; methods of psychosocial individual counseling; available social and health services through federal, state and local agencies; principles of group facilitation; current issues and socioeconomic conditions and trends related to public assistance; laws, rules and regulations governing the operation of social services agencies; community organization and the social problems calling for the use of public and private community resources; physical and mental health and the impact on age specific personality.
Contact Natividad, Human Resources Department, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Salinas, CA 93906, (831) 783-2700, or apply at http://www.natividad.com. EOE/M/F/H/V