About HELP USA
At HELP USA, we work to ensure that everyone has a place to call home. We’re one of the nation’s largest homeless services providers and low-income housing developers serving at-risk populations including families, individuals, veterans, survivors of domestic violence, people with physical and mental health challenges and disabilities, and seniors. With an annual operating budget approaching $150 million and 1400 employees working in nearly 60 programs, we have helped over 500,000 people facing homelessness and poverty to build better lives. We hope that you will consider joining our team in the fight against homelessness.
As a clinician in one of our transitional or permanent residential sites, you’ll be responsible for providing mental health counseling services to residents and their children including long- and short-term counseling; crisis intervention with individuals, families, couples, and groups; and facilitating counseling groups and workshops. You’ll also be responsible for responding to mental health crises at the facility as well as serving as a consultant to the Team on mental health issues.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Conducting intake assessments for new residents and collaborating with others at the site/program as well as other HELP USA sites and programs to provide appropriate clinical services and facilitate communication.
* Advocating for and assisting clients in navigating the service delivery system, providing information and referral services as needed, and serving as a liaison with various social service agencies, including mental health clinics and hospitals, to ensure receipt of appropriate clinical and related services.
* Participating in team meetings, individual supervisory meetings, and case conferences and documenting all work with and on behalf of clients.
* MSW required, LCSW a plus
* Experience facilitating support groups and workshops required
* Computer literacy, specifically with Microsoft applications, required
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
* Valid US Driver’s License a plus
EOE. A Drug Free Workplace.