The NJ Department of Children and Families seeks a dynamic manager with a track record in CQI to serve as the Assistant Director of the Office of Quality.
The Assistant Director will utilize content-based knowledge, strong management skills & creativity to manage participatory quality review processes, and to support the development of community-focused CQI processes.
* Support the Office of Quality’s work in coordination with the DCF Office of Monitoring, Office of Research, Evaluation & Reporting, DCF program divisions & other stakeholders to create & manage Continuous Quality Improvement plans and processes
* Support the use of participatory quality review processes
* Design, operationalize & manage qualitative review processes with programmatic divisions & in coordination with external stakeholders
* Manage the Department’s participation in major federal review processes such as the US Dept of Health and Human Services Child & Family Services Review, National Youth In Transition Database Review & others
EDUCATION: Master's in Industrial or Organizational Psychology, Business or Public Administration, Operations Research, Labor Relations, Social Work or related field.
EXPERIENCE: 8 yrs social service exp; including 2+ yrs satisfactory full-time professional exp in a managerial/administrative role, managing large-scale work in one or a combination of the following: program evaluation or organizational research; public admin, operations research, social services program planning/evaluation or related area; AND 2+ yrs experience in a supervisory or managerial capacity, overseeing direct social service or health care delivery in public or private organizations.
* Demonstrated skills in management, and the ability to collaborate effectively with peers and with stakeholders within and outside of government
* Competency in areas including: Designing and leading innovative initiatives in a transparent and inclusive way that builds on team assets; change management; participatory community planning; strategic thinking and planning, collaboration and teamwork, holding people accountable, developing others, managing to results, research/data analysis skills, writing & presentation skills, partnership development, ability to effectively lead & work in a multi-disciplinary team; build consensus
Eligibility determinations will be based upon information presented on the resume only. Applicants who possess a degree from a college or university outside the US must provide an evaluation of one’s transcripts from a recognized evaluation service at the time of submission by the above closing date. Failure to do so may result in your ineligibility.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
Submit cover letter & resume in PDF format, saving PDFs by Last Name, First Name, to: Job.Posting@dcf.nj.gov .
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to fostering a respectful and inclusive work environment which reflects the diversity of the state we serve.