Clinical Supervisor, LAC+USC Medical Center HUB Clinic|
VIP Community Mental Health Center, Inc.
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Apr 05, 2021
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - California - Los Angeles
||- n/a -
The Clinical Supervisor at the HUB clinic is responsible for clinical services provided through the Violence Intervention Program at the LAC-USC Hub clinic. This involves the Clinical/Administrative supervision of HUB Clinical Therapists and Client Care Coordinators/Case Managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the program manager, the Clinical Supervisor is responsible for the following:
• Hire, supervise and evaluate assigned Clinicians and CCC/CMs.
• Assignment of cases on a daily basis.
• Demonstrated awareness of, sensitivity to and competence in dealing with cultural and socioeconomic diversity of client population.
• Participate in and directly observe clinical delivery of services through regular and frequent interface with program staff.
• Ensure supervisor compliance with clinical policies and procedures.
• Responsible for regular scheduled weekly individual and group supervision, clinical department meetings and treatment reviews.
• Develop protocols for service delivery and trainings for CCC/CMs.
• Maintain a HUB referral log and communicate the information to the intake department, ensure patients are receiving treatment until linkage is complete.
• Develop relationships and ongoing communication with DCFS workers and other staff.
• Maintain all appropriate records including crisis intervention files and/or incident reports, clinical notes and other records as required.
• Ability to work collaboratively with members of inter-disciplinary teams; and ability to provide ongoing clinical consultation to medical staff.
• Maintains confidentiality over all information regarding clients, families, and operations of the Agency.
• Maintains professional relationship with clients, staff, and other outside stake holders at all times and exercises good judgment in the performance of duties and responsibilities.
• Follow agency policy and procedures.
• Participate in VIP in-service training programs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ph.D/Psy.D/MSW/MFT degree from an accredited university.
• Fluency in English and Spanish is highly preferred.
• Minimum two years documented experience in a mental health setting as a licensed therapist.
• Strong clinical, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Strong computer skills, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and web-based Electronic Health Record software (CareLogic).
• Well organized, detail oriented and skilled with time/task management, able to adapt to frequent changes.
• Forensic interviewing skills a plus.
• Excellent data management skills.
• Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities successfully.
Select the URL below to apply.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Current licensure with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) (LMFT or LCSW); licensed Ph.D./PsyD.; must maintain CA BBS registration as a condition of employment.
BENEFITS & PERKS
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Supplemental Insurance.
• 401(k) plan / Profit Sharing.
• 12 paid holidays per year.
• Generous paid time off accrual.
• Travel reimbursements at IRS rate.
• Bilingual (Spanish) differential
• Cell phone provided for business use.
• Fully paid EBP training opportunities, including TF-CBT, MAP, PPP, IY Seeking Safety, IPT, PCIT, and ICBT.