Homes for Life Foundation (HFLF) has established a network of permanent, affordable, service-enriched housing in Los Angeles County for individuals experiencing homelessness and persistent mental illness.
HFL Cedar Street Homes is a transitional housing program serving 38 residents who receive a full range of social and life skills training and services, preparing them for a successful transition into permanent, less structured living environments.
HFLF is seeking a Team Leader to join the management team at HFL Cedar Street Homes. In support of the Program Head of Services (PHOS), the Team Leader will assume a wide variety of admin tasks, but must also have strong clinical capabilities, providing training and oversight to the clinical team. Active ACSW/AMFT registration with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) required; licensure hours provided. Must have 4 years mental health experience in varied settings, including residential. Managerial/supervisory experience highly preferred.
This is an exempt, full-time position with on-call responsibilities.
SHIFT: M-F, 10:30am - 7pm, plus on-call
Have you excelled in providing clinical services and DMH documentation? Have you been told you're a natural leader with the ability to motivate teams with your positive and approachable style? Are you feeling stuck and wish to find a mid-level management opportunity? If you answered yes to all, and meet all of the requirements, we'd be happy to answer any questions and hope to hear from you soon!
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (not all inclusive)
* Assist PHOS in delegating assignments and monitoring the clinical team's performance
* Exercise appropriate crisis intervention skills; assist PHOS in training clinical team on appropriate crisis intervention techniques
* Train clinical team on DMH paperwork, charting, group work and psycho-social rehabilitation interventions; provide supplemental training to Intake/Discharge Coordinator
* Assist PHOS in conducting clinical rounds, leading discussions on client-related issues, pending graduations, incidents, interventions, etc.
*Assist in the supervision of the clinical team, ensuring deadlines and productivity goals are being met; provide additional training and/or implement other strategies to address employee deficiencies and boost performance, when applicable
*Assist PHOS in conducting field-based clinical interviews of potential clients from IMDs / hospitals, as requested
* Participate in a variety of on and off-site meetings, documenting meeting minutes as requested
*Track and ensure completion of annual Appraisal Needs and Services Plans, or more frequently when applicable
*Plan, implement, and conduct psycho-social rehabilitation groups
*Conduct assessments and diagnose using DSM V and ICD-10
*Interface with FSP and others to coordinate and plan for discharge
*Transport residents in personal vehicle, as needed
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
*Active BBS registration (ACSW / AMFT) required
*4 years mental health experience in varied settings, including residential
*Well versed in DMH documentation and guidelines