The NJ Department of Children and Families seeks a dynamic leader with a track record in change management and CQI to manage the Department’s quality portfolio, serving as the Director of the Office of Quality.
The Director utilizes content-based knowledge, strong management skills & creativity to serve as a visionary developer and implementer of innovative and participatory methods of ensuring high quality service delivery. Carry out commitments to the Department’s core approaches: race equity, family voice, healing centered practice, use of the protective factors framework & collaborative safety.
* Work with DCF Office of Monitoring, Office of Research, Evaluation and Reporting, DCF program divisions and other stakeholders to create and manage Continuous Quality Improvement plans & processes
* Oversee implementation of child fatality and critical incident review processes
* Oversee qualitative review processes with programmatic divisions across the Department and in coordination with external stakeholders
* Oversee Department’s participation in major federal review processes
* Manage contracts with vendors
* Oversee departmental performance on federal, philanthropic or other grants
Master's in Industrial or Organizational Psychology, Business or Public Administration, Operations Research, Labor Relations, Social Work or related field.
At least 2 yrs full-time professional exp in executive, managerial, or administrative capacity managing large-scale work in one or a combination of the following: program evaluation or organizational research; public administration, management or methods analysis, operations research, social services program planning/evaluation, or related area; AND at least 2 yrs exp managing staff performing professional work in the areas described in above; AND at least 2 yrs exp supervising direct social service or health care delivery in public or private organizations, preferably ones that provide services through a mix of contracted and internal services.
* Demonstrated skills in leadership, organizational development, financial management & human resources
* Ability to collaborate effectively with peers and stakeholders
* Competency designing and leading innovative initiatives in a transparent and inclusive way that builds on team assets; change management; participatory community planning; strategic thinking and planning, collaboration and teamwork, holding people accountable, developing others, managing to results, research/data analysis skills, writing and presentation skills, partnership development, ability to effectively lead and work in a multi-disciplinary team; build consensus
SALARY: Commensurate with education & experience.
Submit cover letter & resume in PDF format, saving all PDFs by Last Name, First Name: .
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to fostering a respectful and inclusive work environment which reflects the diversity of the state we serve.