The Children’s Waiver Service Program: provides an array of individualized services that maintain the child in the community, by reducing the need for residential treatment and hospitalization of children with a serious emotional disturbance, developmental disability, medical fragility.
WSP position is held on a per diem bases. Services are rendered on evenings and weekends
The Waiver Service Provider (WSP) will provide services to enrich and improve the life of the enrolled child. Waiver services can be offered to the child, the caregivers, and other involved family members. Services are held primarily in the child’s home and or community.
Level 1 Services:
• Community Habilitation Services: Covers Face- Face services and supports related to the child’s acquisition, maintenance, and enhancement of skills necessary to perform activities to Daily Living Skills
• Respite Services offers the family some personal time off where the child goes into the community. The WSP will engage in activities which foster the child's various service goals
• Caregiver Family Supports and Services offers the family/caregiver concrete services as well as education on resources available to them to enhance the child's interaction with other children, family members and people in the community
Level 2 Services:
• Prevocational Services are designed to prepare youth 14 and over to engage in paid work, volunteer work or career exploration
• Supportive Employment Service support employment services aids participants as they perform in a work setting
Level 3 Services
• Community Self Advocacy Training and Supports provides family, caregiver and collateral contacts education, techniques and resources to better respond to the child’s behavior and diagnosis in and out of the community