The PARENT EDUCATOR provides education and support to parents of children with disabilities utilizing the evidence based practice Nurturing Parent Program model and others. Although offering services virtually, now, position will eventually return to providing weekly visits to parents and children in the family home.
1. Conduct initial intake/assessment to gather contact and demographic information and determine program eligibility.
2. Use all approved screening and assessment tools with fidelity. within level of competence.
3. Make appropriate referrals when needs are identified during screening and assessment process.
4. Prepare for, plan and carry out weekly visits to provide the Nurturing Parent Program to parents and children in their homes.
5. Attend weekly Team meeting and meet weekly with supervisor to plan, evaluate program delivery and consult on specific families.
6. Model nurturing attitudes and behaviors in all contacts with program participants and other staff members. Act in congruence with the Nurturing Program philosophy, methods and Standards of Practice.
7. Promote parent participation in home activities designed to promote the physical, emotional, social and intellectual development of their children.
8. Maintain an electronic record in The Advocacy Network’s client database relative to the provision of these services, including screening and notes within established time limits.