Step Up on Second, a nationally recognized non-profit mental health and housing provider currently has opportunities for Masters Level Mental Health Service Coordinators for our Hollywood Homeless Services Programs. Step Up is a Department of Mental Health contractor with MHSA (prop 63) funded programs. Step Up embodies the core values or Hope, Wellness, Respect, Voice and Choice, and Collaborative Relationships. Step Up embraces evidenced based practices of Wellness, Rehabilitation and Recovery, Housing First and Motivational Interviewing. The position is field-based and the team are field-based and interdisciplinary in structure. Supervision towards BBS hours as well as a generous benefits package are provided. Recent Graduates are encouraged to apply.
SUMMARY: Hollywood Homeless Services Programs consists of multiple DMH-contracted outpatient programs, including Homeless Full-Service Partnership (FSP) (Intensive), Adult FSP (Intensive), Housing FSP (Moderate to Intensive), Outpatient Care Services (Moderate to Intensive), and CGF (Low Intensity). The programs provide services to both TAY (18-25 year-olds) and ADULTS 26 and older with severe and persistent mental health issues who are homeless, at immediate risk of homelessness, or in need of assistance to maintain housing; have frequent interactions with the legal system; and/or frequent psychiatric hospitalizations. The Mental Health Service Coordinator II/Clinician provides both agency and field based therapy, rehabilitation, linkage, and case management services for TAY and/or ADULTS experiencing psychiatric disabilities and possibly homelessness and co-occurring substance disorders, to assist them in improving their current level of functioning and helping them reintegrate into the community.
• Develop relationships with TAY and/or ADULTS who have intensive mental health needs which may require prolonged outreach and engagement, mental health, co-occurring health and substance or supportive housing services.
• Use trauma informed, evidenced based practices, motivational interviewing, housing first and recovery oriented models of treatment.
• Provides clinical therapeutic and case management services for individuals with psychiatric disabilities to assist them in improving their current level of functioning in the community.
• Complete full assessments (AFAs), treatment plans (CTPs), and Outcome Measure Assessments (OMAs) with a focus on housing stability. Support goals with field based services.
• Assist in securing appropriate housing, ensure housing stability via home visits, individual therapy, linkage to medication support, vocational and educational opportunities, and reduction of substance use and abuse leading to full recovery.
• Collect data and assist with outcomes reports.
• Masters in Counseling Psychology or Social Work. MFT, MSW and must be license-eligible and registered with the CA BBS.
• Initiative and solution focused practice. Uses good time management skills and resources to balance case load direct service and paperwork.
Step Up utilizes the principles of trauma-informed care and mental health recovery. These principles inform our Core Values of Hope, Wellness, Voice and Choice, Respect, and Collaborative Relationships. As representatives of Step Up, employees agree to adhere to these values in their interactions with members, colleagues, supervisors, and associated community members.