Position: Psychiatry Provider
Psychiatry providers will conduct comprehensive evaluations, medication management and crisis intervention for homeless clients. Providers will collaborate with shelter staff as well as liaison with outside providers as appropriate. Positions offer opportunity for administrative responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Registered Nurse include but are not limited to the following activities:
• Reports to the Medical Director, Psychiatric Services. Works closely Psychiatry Administrator
• Oversees all psychiatric services at shelter
• Provides psychiatric evaluations for individuals referred for assessment of psychiatric conditions or for entitlements and housing.
• Provides psychiatric follow-up care as needed, including psychopharmacology and supportive psychotherapy. Adheres to agency policy regarding obtaining health screening and laboratory monitoring.
• Provides crisis intervention and assessment as needed.
• In collaboration with on-site nurse, provides liaison to outside psychiatric and medical providers as necessary and appropriate.
• Completes documentation in compliance with agency policies and procedures.
• Participates in weekly clinical team meeting. Provides case consultation to interdisciplinary staff.
• Provides in-service training to staff on psychiatric disorders, addiction, and other topics as needed.
• Oversight of licensed practical nurse, including medication system.
• Participates in agency quality assurance process as requested by Medical Director, Psychiatric Services.
• Current New York State medical license and registration
• Board Certification or Board Eligible with plans to obtain Board Certification within 1 year
• Experience working with homeless population preferred
• Buprenorphine waiver a plus
• Spanish language preferred