Title: Primary Care Provider
The Primary Care Physician is responsible for the examination, diagnosis and the treatment of patients within the scope of the Health Center. It is preferred the candidate is certified in Medication Assisted Therapy (MAT) for drug dependency, prescribe Suboxone and is willing to treat patients with Drug and Alcohol Dependency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of Primary Care Provider include but are not limited to the following activities:
• Provides medical diagnoses, treatment and advice to patients in accordance with New York State regulations and the scope of training of the clinician.
• Responsible for consulting with the appropriate medical specialists, when deemed necessary according to the Health Center protocol.
• Prescribes and/or dispenses required medication to patients.
• Provides medical supervision to the assigned clinical team leaders.
• Directs, organizes and participates in preventive health programs.
• Participates in the development and implementation of quality assurance management and utilization review.
• Participates in community outreach programs.
• Contributes to the overall functioning of the department.
• Maintains patient records in accordance with the policies of the department.
• Maintains all New York State and federal licensing requirements as current according with the department’s credentialing policy.
• Maintains current certification in Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
• Performs related work as required.
• Completes 30 annual Continuing Medical Education credits.
• Participates in Departmental meetings and conferences.
• New York State (MD, DO,) License and Registration
• Board Certification in Internal Medicine or Family Practice preferred
• Experience in providing services to homeless and substance abuse population preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge health related concerns and experience in providing medical care in urban communities
• Commitment to community-based health care services
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
• Commitment to the mission of Project Renewal