BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences.
BronxWorks seeks a Parent Coordinator for our Early Learn Headstart Program. Parent Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating all parent activities for about fifty parents.
• Attends and participates in case conferences, parent meetings, and other meetings.
• Serves as resource and coordinate case management services for families.
• Conducts initial and follow up home visits with assigned caseload.
• Handles crisis, including abuse/neglect reporting, suicidal ideation and possible homelessness.
• Implements family service guidelines and procedures to assure compliance with Head Start Performance Standards.
• Serves as an active Head Start and BronxWorks team member.
• Assist with parenting classes.
• Attends community meetings where Headstart representation is appropriate.
• Has the ability to work a varied schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
Program Specific Responsibilities
• Provides case management services to families in the Head Start program, including direct services to families by assisting them in determining family strengths, needs, and goals.
• In partnership with the center parents, plans and facilitates monthly parenting meetings including DAPC meeting.
• Provides crisis intervention as needed and appropriate.
• Provides education to families relating to topics such as parenting, budgeting, household cleanliness, safety, lice and other family issues as necessary.
• Models appropriate advocacy skills for parents in working with community agencies, professionals, and schools.
• Maintains a working knowledge of community resources and current trends in social services.
• Provides transportation and support for families when needed to access necessary resources.
• Works collaboratively with staff to provide comprehensive, integrated services for BronxWorks families.
• Compiles and maintains family case records of services provided.
• Develops strategies in support of the individualized Family Partnership Agreements based on the assessment data gathered.
• Serve as DAPC liaison between ACS, administrative staff and DAPC.
• Develops knowledge of and network with BronxWorks programs and other City agencies relating to HS & UPK.
• Provide support to teachers by working in classrooms.