Family and Children's Services is looking for a bilingual (English/Spanish) therapist to provide culturally competent face-to-face therapeutic visitation and reunification services in office and in-home (or other community location), via a family-centered treatment approach from intake through completion of service. The therapist will also provide short-term mental health therapy to juvenile justice-involved youth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Provide culturally competent therapeutic visitation and reunification services between non-custodial parents/adults and their children.
• Role model appropriate parent/child interaction through demonstration.
• Observe, assess, document and intervene therapeutically with parent-child interaction prior to, during and following a visit.
• Utilize identified assessment tools during therapeutic visitation and report on findings.
• Actively participate in treatment team meetings and supervision by sharing clinical assessment and perspectives.
• Collaborate with all relevant and related outside involved referral providers/agencies/schools in order to support assessment, treatment, service planning, and discharge.
• Maintain all required case documentation using agency Electronic Health Record (MyEvolv) and DCPP tools (NJ Spirit) according to Visitation standards.
• Provide mental health counseling to outpatient clients, including youth involved in the juvenile justice system.
• Evening and weekend hours required.