Since 1987, Homes for Life Foundation (HFLF) has established a network of permanent, affordable, service-enriched housing in Los Angeles County for individuals experiencing homelessness and persistent mental illness.
HFL Cedar Street Homes in Norwalk, CA is a transitional housing program, serving 38 residents who receive a full range of social and life skills training and services, preparing them for a successful transition into permanent, less structured living environments.
HFLF is seeking a Team Leader to join the management team at HFL Cedar Street Homes. In support of the Program Head of Services (PHOS), the Team Leader will assume a wide variety of administrative tasks, but must also have strong clinical capabilities, providing training and oversight to the clinical team while also supporting residents served. Active ACSW or AMFT registration with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) required. Clinical supervision provided. Must have 4 years mental health experience in varied settings, including residential. Managerial/supervisory experience highly preferred.
This is an exempt full-time position with on-call responsibilities.
SHIFT: M-F, 10:30am - 7pm, plus on-call
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (not all inclusive)
* Assist PHOS in delegating and monitoring the work of the clinical team
* Perform and model appropriate crisis interventions during medical and/or psychiatric emergencies; assist PHOS in training clinical team on appropriate crisis intervention techniques
* Train clinical team on DMH paperwork, charting, group work and psycho-social rehabilitation interventions; provide training to Intake/Discharge Coordinator
* Assist PHOS in conducting clinical rounds, leading discussions on client-related issues, pending graduations, incidents, interventions, etc.
*Assist in the supervision of the clinical team, ensuring deadlines and productivity goals are being met; provide additional training and/or implement other strategies to address employee deficiencies and boost performance, when applicable
*Assist PHOS in conducting field-based clinical interviews of potential clients from IMDs / hospitals, as requested
* Participate in a variety of on and off-site meetings, documenting meeting minutes as requested
*Track and ensure completion of annual Appraisal Needs and Services Plans, or more frequently when applicable
*Plan, implement, and conduct psycho-social rehabilitation groups
*Conduct assessments and diagnose using DSM V and ICD-10
*Interface with FSP and others to coordinate and plan for discharge
*Transport residents in personal vehicle, as needed
*Active BBS registration (ACSW / AMFT)
*4 years mental health experience in varied settings, including residential
*Experience in the delivery of mental health and case management services, and working in collaboration with agencies providing such services
*Well versed in DMH documentation and guidelines
*Knowledge of: community resources, vocational rehabilitation, independent living skills training, local housing resources, Community Care Licensing, SSA, DPSS, MediCal and Medicare guidelines desirable
*Managerial / supervisory experience preferred