The Supported Employment Job Developer performs activities designed to assist clients with finding employment. This includes working closely with local employers, business organizations, and community organizations in developing job opportunities and arranging the direct placement of clients matching the job skills with applicant qualifications.
· Initiates and maintains personal contacts with business and industry representatives to set up recruitment profiles and provide orientations; schedules and visits potential and existing employers to identify and develop positions for clients; and promotes the Supported Employment job placement service
· Assists clients in identifying positions in their field of interest; assists in development of resumes, cover letters and applications; advises students on employability skills; works with clients to gain relevant skills; helps clients explore alternative employment options.
· Maintains currency with industry trends; updates labor market information by researching online resources, attending meetings, maintaining contacts with regional community colleges, and networking with professional/community organizations that are involved in job placement/training activities.
· Educate and assist clients in establishing professional work ethics, social skills and appropriate apparel for work.
· Establishes and maintains relationships with local employers, business organizations, and community groups to develop job leads for clients with disabilities.
· Visits local employers to evaluate job content, working environment, and the ability of the employer to meet job accommodations and solutions to employment barriers.
· Maintain current, accurately documented participant files, complete all required paperwork and service tracking reports according to deadlines.
· Enter participant records into database, update and maintain data on regular basis
· Significant travel is required to local employment training and employment opportunity sites.
· Occasional evening and weekend work related activities are a requirement for this position.