CareerWork$ connects young adults from low-income communities to employers in banking and healthcare industries to create access to lasting careers that help participants, communities, and employers succeed.
CareerWork$, seeks a strategic development leader who is passionate about economic mobility and has an authentic understanding of the power and rewards of jobs and career advancement for people facing barriers to employment. CareerWork$ recognizes the tremendous potential that exists when business and social impact sectors align to address a shared need, with partnership-building capabilities and institutional development experience to connect the dots – people, organizations and programs – in breakthrough programs.
Reporting to the President, the development director will hold a new position in the organization, and have the opportunity to build the development function by leveraging the $5.5M raised in the first five years of operation from external funders to raise the next $10M by the end of 2024
Key priorities in the first 18 months include:
• Play the primary leadership role in researching, networking, identifying, building relationships, and, in collaboration with the President as necessary, securing the next tranche of $3M of funding to sustain and expand CareerWork$ programming.
• A collaborative and relationship-oriented leadership style
• An enterprising and resourceful approach to the job, recognizing that with a small team, CareerWork$ needs to prioritize the opportunities with the highest potential return on investment to continue its expansion into new markets.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability to travel as needed, including periodic travel to Seattle for team meetings.
• Must reside in a US city where CareerWorks$ has a program or expansion plans.
• Must be able to pass criminal background check.