CSCRB is an independent non-profit organization affiliated with the international Cancer Support Community & Gilda’s Clubs. Located on the Redondo Beach Pier, CSCRB serves over 2,000 cancer patients and families annually. CSCRB provides psychosocial support and education programs, and mind/body activities all FREE OF CHARGE to anyone touched by a cancer diagnosis. Currently, all services are offered virtually.
Summary of Essential Duties:
Reporting to the Program Director/Chief Clinical Officer, the Cancer Support Navigator is an integral part of the program team. The Cancer Support Navigator is responsible for orienting all new participants to the organization, providing case management navigation support connecting participants to external resources, entering and tracking participant data, and assisting Program Director and Program Manager with ongoing projects. This position does not have any supervise any others.
• Provides program orientation for all new cancer patients and families.
• Assists participants with completion of intake forms and required documents.
• Identifies and re-engages lapsed participants.
• Oversees Distress Screening (CSS) completion, follow up, and data tracking.
• Responds to daily phone calls and program inquiries.
• Provides case management services and resource connection to participants.
• Oversees the Peer to Peer program, identifying peer matches and tracking match data.
• Assists in development of virtual activities including, but not limited to, groups, mind-body classes, lectures and social events - across languages and targeted underserved populations.
• Cultivates and implements new ideas for CSCRB programming and program promotion opportunities.
• Daily data entry, tracking of participant data, assists with database related tasks.
• Develops and strengthens relationships within the local oncology and healthcare communities to increase referral relationships and increase program reach and delivery
• Helps to identify gaps in access to psychosocial care and resource acquisition and work within the community to bridge those gaps.
• Represents CSCRB as requested by Program Director and the CEO
• Other duties assigned by the Program Director or CEO