Drop-In Center for Homeless Adults is seeking a Mental Health/Substance Abuse Counselor: Duties included but not limited to:
• Managing a caseload of clients with a primary Axis I major mental health disorder with a Substance Abuse issues meeting with them weekly or bi-monthly as needed.
• Assisting clients with engaging in appropriate care, understanding their diagnosis and corresponding medication regimen, gathering necessary identification, establishing income, gathering necessary documents to complete a HRA 2010E housing application.
• Preparing progress notes and psychosocial histories as necessary.
• Conducting two groups on a weekly basis related to the needs of the homeless population
• Maintaining accurate charts as per the policy and procedures.
• Networking with community health care providers to coordinate care and provide appropriate referrals.
• Providing some crisis intervention as needed.
• Assist with completing intakes assessments as needed.
• Conduct in-house outreach of potential clients informing of the services that are provided.
• Complete daily, weekly and monthly reports and assessments of clients utilizing FileMaker Pro, CARES and Excel databases.
Requirements: Proficient in MS Office Applications (Word, Outlook, Excel) with a minimal of (2) two years experience working in the field of Social Services with Dual Diagnosed clients and with the homeless population. Must have Bachelors Degree with relevant experience. Bi-lingual in Spanish and English preferred. Strong organization and planning skills, work management and prioritizing skills, Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving ability, attention to detail and teamwork. Hours are 9:00am to 7:00pm (4) four days per week with approximately (1) one Saturday per month.
Pay: $40,000.00 per year depending on experience.
Benefits: We offer medical, vision; and dental. Starts with two (2) weeks paid vacation, which increase to five weeks after five years. Depending on the schedule – Paid Holidays, five sick days; and three personal days.