The Westchester Enhanced Family Wraparound Program is a short term comprehensive General Preventive Services program that focuses on the following areas of the Child and Family Services Continuum: community supports; early interventions; home-based responses; and post-placement re-integration for children who have been adopted, are in Article X placements, or re-entering the community following residential and foster care placements. The Program uses a family preservation model as the basis for the program and adds a strong clinical component for family and individual treatment. All Wraparound program services take place within the community and include case management, in-home therapy, and respite services.
Westchester Family Wraparound seeks a dynamic, experienced CLINICIAN with:
• A Master’s degree in social work, mental health counseling, family therapy or a related area. Supervision available for licensure.
• Three (3) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with troubled and/or delinquent adolescents preferred
• Provide short-term individual psychotherapy to address individual issues (child, caretaker or family)
• Provide short-term family interventions provided using the caregiver as the focus of the intervention
• Help the caregiver adopt parenting techniques that are individualized to the children's needs
• Work to improve communication among family members and to make family expectations explicit
• Relationship building between the parents and children
• Provide using solution-focused approaches to capitalize on family's strengths and natural supports as tools to overcome challenges
• Must hold a valid driver’s license, have own vehicle and willingness to travel throughout Westchester County and to travel periodically to offices in Orange County, Nassau County, and other locations as required to fulfill job responsibilities.
Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
NAFI NY is committed to the professional growth of its staff through ongoing training and development initiatives. EOE