Janian Medical Care, P.C., seeks a Registered Nurse for CUCS’ Intensive Mobile Treatment (IMT) Team.
In January 2016, the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) launched a demonstration project to achieve better outcomes for people with involvement with homeless services, criminal justice, and the behavioral health service systems. Three Intensive Mobile Treatment (IMT) teams were developed specifically to serve persons with complex cross-systems involvement. The initiative was expanded in 2017, 2018, and again recently in January 2020 to include 11 teams across the city. Each team carries a maximum caseload of 27 people, due to the high needs of the clients, and the team works with their clients for as long as is necessary. The average duration of services usually is expected to be more than one year. Each team consists of 4 social service clinicians including the IMT Team director, 2 peers, a half-time psychiatrist and a Registered Nurse.
Janian Medical Care provides psychiatric, nursing and primary care to homeless and formerly homeless New Yorkers in supportive housing, shelters and with street outreach teams. Janian Medical Care is widely recognized as a leader in the delivery and development of on-site clinical services and at offering clinicians a supportive, flexible work environment that supports clinical freedom and creativity. Our clinicians enjoy expert supervision that encourages clinical excellence and continued professional development. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits. There is a 10% salary supplement for service to the IMT Team. This is a full-time position. Working hours may be flexible however the typical schedule is Monday through Friday from 9-5pm.
The Registered Nurse will have primary responsibility for improving the overall health of program participants including promotion of physical and mental health integration. The Registered Nurse will work with members of the multi-disciplinary IMT Team towards this goal by engaging in the following activities:
· Conducting diagnostic and risk assessments and providing care in multiple settings including in institutional settings and in participants’ homes
· Providing clinical care, including administering medication, at the direction of the IMT psychiatrist
· Maintaining medication logs and databases
· Assisting participants with compliance with treatment including with medications
· Linking participants to primary and specialty care
· Participating in multidisciplinary team meetings
· Liaising with pharmacies, hospitals and city agencies as needed