The Human Services Agency at the County of San Mateo is currently looking for qualified candidates for their Social Worker III positions. Under general supervision, the Social Worker IIIs will perform a variety of specialized tasks supporting continuous quality improvement for Children and Family Services (CFS) and Employment Services in order to achieve the following goals:
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local child welfare requirements.
• Determine what is happening to children and families as they are engaged in child welfare services and adult reentry services.
• Assist children, adults, and families to achieve positive outcomes.
• Determine equity in service delivery for the adult reentry population.
Currently, there is one regular/permanent vacancy in the Staff Development branch.
The primary responsibilities of the Social Worker III in Staff Development would be to:
• Review and monitor CFS compliance to federal and state regulations as related to case service delivery, including research of program and quality assurance regulations and procedures, preparation of reports on findings, identification of problems of non-compliance, and recommendation on corrective action regarding discrepancies.
• Perform case reviews for CFS and adult reentry population, interviews with families, service providers, and stakeholders to evaluate data for errors and compliance with state and federal regulations, provide recommendation and referrals for further investigation into the results.
• Compile and submit statistical and narrative reports and provide evidence of compliance related to federal and state policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong assessment skills, including the ability to:
o Gather information from interviews and from written documents.
o Pursue the collection of information from various sources, including CWS databases (CWS/CMS, SafeMeasures, Structured Decision Making (SDM) and Efforts to Outcomes (ETO).
o Note-take and compile information obtained from multiple sources.
o Make professional judgments based on the information collected during the review.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interviewing skills.
• Availability and willingness to travel to conduct interviews, including evenings and weekends.
Licensure/Certification: California class C driver's license or equivalent.
Education: Satisfactory completion of 36 semester units of Social Welfare and/or appropriate behavioral science courses.
Experience: Three years of experience performing duties comparable to those of a Social Worker II or higher in the County of San Mateo.
Substitution: Possession of a Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work and two years of experience performing duties comparable to those of a Social Worker II or higher in the County of San Mateo.