The Clinical Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and direct oversight of a clinical services team including 4 case managers and 2 social workers. Each of these six staff members has a caseload of 18-22 tenants. The Clinical Supervisor position is extremely dynamic and offers significant key decision-making, supervisory, administrative, program management, and service delivery responsibilities including but not limited to: site management, program development, inter-team coordination, and contract regulatory/policy compliance. Each of the supervisees will carry a diverse caseload including those with: Severe and Persistent Mental Illness (SPMI), Homeless history, Substance Abuse, and/or those in need of Low Income housing.
The Clinical Supervisor, along with other management staff, is responsible for guiding all staff to actively engage in the program as learners, culture-creators, and leaders. This position is central to fostering the mission and goals of the agency and to creating a program culture that is client-centered, outcome-oriented and dedicated to continuous quality improvement
LMSW and 18 months toward obtaining the LCSW (REQUIRED). With an expectation to obtain the LCSW when eligible.
· Strong writing and verbal communication skills
· Post-masters direct service experience with populations served by the program preferred
· Strong clinical assessment skills
· Computer literacy
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
· Sound judgment, good decision making skills, and a high degree of tact and professionalism
· Good writing and verbal communication skills
· Ability to problem-solve, prioritize, and effectively manage time
· Experience with EPB groups services preferred
· Bilingual English/Spanish preferred