Mental Health Case Manager|
Good Counsel Homes
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Feb 16, 2021
||- n/a -
||US - New Jersey - Burlington County
• Good Counsel is more than a home, it’s a new beginning. Through our programs, every woman receives the life skills training she needs to never be homeless again. We are a Catholic organization that provides housing for pregnant moms, their children and babies, while giving them the tools to get back on their feet and be a successful, strong parent.
• We value the dignity of human life, integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity and collaboration.
• You can be a part of transforming a woman’s life.
• Seeking compassionate, highly efficient team players to assist in maintaining a positive social, intellectual, emotional and spiritual living environment for pregnant mothers and their children.
• You become the resident’s resource, helping them resolve issues and preparing them for a vibrant, independent life by teaching life skill courses, cleaning and preparing a room to welcome a new mom into the home, processing/storing donations, helping the residents learn to cook and clean, keeping the home orderly, and demonstrating good decision making.
• The dynamics of the home vary depending on mom’s present in the home and include women who come from diverse backgrounds. Good Counsel seeks to support women who are domestic violence survivors, those with severe mental illness, developmental disabilities, past trauma, histories of abortion, trafficking and transiency.
• Challenges are expected and encouraged to be handled with empathy, compassion and concern for the well-being of the individual and especially the well-being of the unborn.
• You’re overseeing the operations of the home, from ensuring safety and cleanliness, as well as teaching and mentoring the residents about the “why’s” behind the house rules and policies (instead of only being an enforcer), to tracking residents, visitors and volunteers in the home.
• Conduct effective weekly one-on-one sessions with each resident utilizing the family development goal setting technique in conjunction with weekly goal setting from each resident on your case load.
• Assist women with retrieval of entitlement benefits (SSI, SNAP, Public Assistance)
• Coordinate consistent medical and psychiatric care.
• Provide crisis management for clients; makes linkages for interventions as appropriate
• Assist residents in setting and achieving their individual goals. By personal example, demonstrate a moral and ethical life style.
• Assist in maintaining requested occupancy rate in the home.
• Attend resident, house and stewardship meeting (s) as necessary.
• Maintain professionalism and confidentiality in all tasks
• Participate in scheduled trainings and or seminars.
• Participate in social activities with the residents and their children in the home.
• Maintain open communication and discussion with supervisor on status of every resident in caseload.
• Accompany all mothers on assigned caseload during delivery period as per GC mission.
The ideal candidate will possess the following requirements:
• Must have MINIMUM 2 years of direct Case Manager’s Experience.
• Knowledge and skills in community and residential based behavioral health care and case management preferred
• Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Flexible scheduling required to assist mother’s during delivery.
• Valid Driver’s License