The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Staten Island YMCA – Counseling Service is seeking a Prevention Counselor to provide implementation and documentation of Evidence-Based Programs (EBPs) as well as providing care to a designated caseload, including provision of individual, group, and family counseling.
• Deliver EBP curriculum and conduct prevention counseling to clients and their families on and off site.
• Conduct screenings and assessments to determine appropriate level of care, treatment and discharge planning.
• Document prevention work and other client information in accordance with prevention guidelines, adhering to Census reporting, YMCA of Greater New York, and program standards.
• Complete ongoing reporting, outreach, referrals, and dialogue with professionals involved with caseload.
• Maintain superior quality assurance and program quality, ensuring contract and regulation compliance, fulfilling clinical standards and best practices.
• Perform group and individual counseling at the branch and conduct intake assessments.
• Develop and foster positive working relationships with onsite and offsite staff, service delivery location personnel and community partners.
• Serve as task supervisor to interns / volunteers / co-workers.
• Assist supervisor with inputting required documentation into WITNYS and coordinate appropriate services for onsite EBPs and other prevention counseling services.
• Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
• Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events, as appropriate.
• Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
• Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• BA / BSW / CASAC degree with psychology, social science or addiction as part of the curriculum. MSW / MHC preferred.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in delivery of curriculum and prevention and / or addiction counseling.
• Experience working with children and families.
• Substance abuse education and knowledge of 12-step philosophy.
• Knowledge of the developmental stages of a child’s physical, emotional and cognitive development.
• Skills in planning process, oriented art projects and providing a stimulating group / classroom environment.
• Excellent organization and communication skills.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Prevention Counselor” to email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ? DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
YMCA OF GREATER NEW YORK | Where there's a Y, there’s a way.