Since 1987, Homes for Life Foundation (HFLF) has established a network of permanent, affordable, service-enriched housing in Los Angeles County for individuals experiencing homelessness and persistent mental illness.
HFLF is seeking a compassionate Part-Time Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to assist with the coordination and delivery of healthcare services to residents at HFLF’s state-licensed Adult Residential Facilities (ARFs). The LVN will primarily serve adults residing in two Pasadena ARFs, but must also be willing and able to provide services to our Torrance and Norwalk residents, as needed.
The LVN will work 20 hours per week, under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse.
The LVN will join a team of caring professionals who are dedicated to promoting wellness and improving the lives of those we serve, and will play an integral role in assisting residents reach their optimum potential, physically and mentally. We look forward to hearing from qualified, mission-driven candidates who share our passion and commitment!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not all inclusive)
* Transport and accompany residents to medical and dental appointments, and/or other healthcare services
* Assist with scheduling and coordinating healthcare services; advocate for residents' healthcare services and treatments, and regularly consult with RN to ensure the best possible outcomes
* Take vitals, administer injectables, monitor blood sugar levels, and provide other services as needed
* Accurately document services, utilizing Electronic Health Records System (Welligent)
* Participate in treatment team meetings
* Collaborate with RN and other program staff to ensure residents' care is consistent with treatment team's objectives, and to ensure healthcare orders are being carried out as prescribed
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
* Must have, and maintain, a verifiable LVN license with the California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians
* Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology
* Experience administering injectables; familiarity with medications, including oral / injectable psychotropic medications
* Ability to maintain professional and compassionate demeanor at all times, and to make appropriate decisions in times of crisis or while under duress
* Excellent time management skills, and works with efficiency in order to track and manage the wide variety of residents' healthcare needs at multiple housing programs; strong organizational skills; able to work independently, displaying consistent follow-through without prompting
* Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build professional, effective, productive rapport with residents and their family members, program staff, external partners and service providers, upper management, etc.
* Preferred candidates will have two years experience in a mental health setting, and experience utilizing an Electronic Health Records System