The People Concern is partnered with the Department of Health Services (DHS) and their Housing for Health (HFH) Program to provide housing and Intensive Case Management Services (ICMS) to persons experiencing homelessness. The Scattered Site Housing Program houses individuals throughout Los Angeles County in subsidized housing units.
Participants are linked to an ICMS case manager who provides intensive field-based case management and clinical services while employing a trauma-informed care and harm reduction approach to program participants with complex trauma facing medical, mental health and substance use barriers. Participants remain in the program for as long as they require subsidized housing. For many individuals this may mean their entire lifetime. The Program Manager serves as the primary liaison between DHS and the ICMS team, ensuring funder standards are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides clinical and administrative supervision to Case Managers and Clinical Case Managers.
- Facilitates weekly team meetings and case consultation utilizing a trauma-informed care lens and harm reduction approach.
- Collaborates with The Housing Department team, DHS and community partners to develop creative interventions focused on improving the safety and well-being of our most marginalized program participants.
- Assists with program participant crisis management which includes assessment for voluntary and involuntary psychiatric hospitalizations.
- Be available to respond to emergency calls and situations on a 24-hour basis with support from direct clinical supervisor and Housing Department Assistant Director and Housing Department Director.
- Ensure all documentation, charting and data collection is complete, timely and accurate through on-going audits of electronic data bases and chart reviews.
- In coordination with the Director, provide budgetary oversight of program administration and ensure program revenue and expenses are within the adopted annual budget.
- Responsible for hiring and staffing ICMS team and ensuring staff are adequately trained and abide by all policies and procedures.
- Ensure case managers are linking program participants to appropriate services and utilizing a “Whatever It Takes” approach.
- MSW, MFT, LPC or PsyD who is registered with CA BBS (supervision hours are available for this position)
- Licensed preferred, but must be license eligible
- Minimum of two years’ full-time experience working with the homeless, preferably those living with mental illness and/or substance addictions
- Able to provide direct supervision and management of assigned staff
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and team building skills
- Able to work in a high tolerance Harm Reduction model with clients who have multiple barriers
- Able to be on-call 24/7 with support from direct clinical supervisor and Housing Department Director