Janian Medical Care, P.C., an affiliate of Center for Urban Community Services (CUCS), seeks a medical assistant to join our expanding Division of Primary Care Services. Janian Medical Care provides primary medical care and psychiatric care to homeless and formerly homeless New Yorkers at community based programs including supportive and transitional housing, shelters, and outreach teams. Long recognized as a leader in the development and delivery of on-site psychiatric care, Janian Medical Care has expanded our services to provide high-quality, integrated, comprehensive primary care to our clients.
Janian Medical Care, P. C. invites applicants for the Medical Assistant position to work alongside the primary care providers at various programs throughout Brooklyn, The Bronx, and Manhattan. The Medical Assistant will collaborate with patients’ psychiatrist, social workers, and case managers at the program and assist in coordination of care with external providers. The medical assistant will also have administrative responsibilities including schedule management, front office tasks, and assistance with insurance information collection.
The Medical Assistant will perform administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of a provider.
Administrative duties include the following:
· Work with staff and patients for appointment management to optimize clinic hours.
· Document all services in Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
· Front Office Tasks including; basic intake and collection of insurance information, privacy practice forms collection and management, faxing, and filing
· Specialty referrals coordination
· Liaise with laboratory and pharmacies as directed by provider
· Billing related task Prior Authorization management including communication with provider and our eligibility specialist for eligibility determination
· Insurance verification via EPACES
Medical supply and equipment maintenance including quality control testing and inventory management
Clinical duties include the following:
· Taking and recording vital signs
· Preparing patients for examination and performing basic screenings
· Laboratory services including phlebotomy and specimen collection
· EKG exams
· Point-of-care testing as directed by the provider
The Medical Assistant role with Janian is dynamic and additional tasks and responsibilities may be requested.