General Purpose: In a few brief sentences summarize the primary duties and responsibilities.
Support people to become independent, integrated into the community, and work towards obtaining employment.
Essential Functions: responsibilities of the job.
· Support each person in achieving their individualized goals by providing supports detailed in each person’s Staff Action Plan and Life Plan. Monitor and document services provided and each person’s response & progress towards goals
· Work as part of the team to ensure participants receive seamless services provision and are engaged in person centered activities throughout the day
· Engage participants in community exploration and inclusion by providing participants with person centered opportunities and daily choice.
· Plan and run appropriate group activities that meet funding source requirements
· Accompany participants to volunteer sites and activities in the community and support them as they complete tasks at volunteer and internship sites
· Accompany participants to buy metro cards and support them in travelling safely in the community on public transportation daily
· Monitor participants safety as they arrive and while they are waiting for their transportation at the end of each day
· Ensures each participants’ rights are protected
· Treat all participants and coworkers and with dignity, respect, and fairness
· Support participants in managing their behavior, intervene as appropriate, and inform supervisor
· Support participants by pushing their wheelchair for short periods of time such as when the participant needs assistance getting over a curb, getting over the platform gap and into a train, or if they are tired and need a short break
· Observe participants for evidence of injury or bruises and evaluates for changes in emotional and physical status.
· Follow safety protocols to foster a safe working environment and report unsafe conditions, environment, and equipment to Supervisor
· Follow all OPWDD and agency guidelines and regulations
· Assist in the preparation of each person’s Life Plan, Staff Action Plan, and attend team meetings as needed
· Represent Goodwill in a professional manner to families, community partners, and all others
· Follow Medicaid, state funding source, and agency guidelines and regulations when providing and documenting services
· Document all program data, including but not limited to: participant services, behavior plan data, community integration logs, assessments, petty cash, metro card distribution, maintenance requests forms, and supply acquisition forms
· Complete daily updates on each participant’s progress and response to staff services
· Ensures that all documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner during shift
· Clock in and out before and after every shift
· Work assigned schedules, including but not limited to: arriving and departing on time, requesting time off in advance, and notifying supervisor of changes to assigned work schedule
· Assist in delivering services such as: Vocational Evaluations by administering and scoring tests, finding appropriate situational assessment sites for consumers.
· Collecting and recording performance data from situational assessment and evaluation sites.
· All other duties as assigned.