The Agency has embraced the concept of a fully integrated system of care for all consumers of service. This requires that staff assess the client’s needs holistically and see it as their responsibility to connect the client with services needed both internal and external to the Agency, regardless of the door through which the consumer enters the system.
Under the direction of a designated LCSW Clinical Supervisor, the LMSW Social Worker is responsible for direct service to clients in the Agency’s outpatient mental health programs. All services are to be delivered in a professional and ethical manner, consistent with best practice tenets. The LMSW Social Worker will function as part of a treatment team, maintains mandated levels of service, participates in Agency meetings as required and fully comply with Agency policies and procedures.
The LMSW Social Worker will perform initial interview, crisis intervention, and ongoing therapy with individuals, groups and families. The LMSW Social Worker will adhere to all standards of contract compliance, audit readiness, Agency policies and procedures, and all other regulatory requirements. The LMSW Social Worker will work as a member of a team to help insure the overall integrity and welfare of the Agency.
* Meet Agency requirements for qualitative and quantitative contacts with clients. Includes conducting intake interviews, rendering diagnoses in accordance with DSM criteria, providing crisis intervention, providing psychotherapy in various treatment modalities, conducting telephone referrals, providing advocacy, case management and referrals.
* Meet Agency requirements for qualitative and quantitative documentation. Includes writing progress notes, treatment plans, intake assessments, correspondence regarding clients, termination summaries, encounter forms and any and all other required documentation.
* Assess the needs of the whole consumer/family including their basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter.
* Ensure that referrals are made to appropriate internal and external services as required to meet the needs of the consumer and their families.
* Respond to all referrals in a timely and professional manner and follow-up on referrals made on behalf of a consumer/family, recognizing the need for effective collaboration in order to insure the highest levels of service provision.
* Ensure that target population has access to service according to contractual requirements and Agency Mission.
* Provide direct service: Will maintain a caseload of at least 50 clients with the expectation of delivering a minimum of 44 face-to-face sessions a week. Conduct individual, family, marital and group therapy as dictated by the client’s clinical needs.
* Monitor and coordinate psychiatrist psychopharmacology appointments.
* Coordinate physical, medical and psychological needs for clients.
* Responsible for all administrative and clinical documentation associated with direct service clients.
* Maintain content and format of casework record according to regulatory guidelines.