Program Manager – Transitional and LGBTQ Housing Programs|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Jan 13, 2021
||Depending on experience.
||US - California - San Jose
||- n/a -
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Program Manager at the Transitional and LGBTQ Housing Programs. The Program Manager supervises Transitional Housing, LGBTQ Housing and Host Home programs by working with Case Managers and other staff in developing and maintaining quality services to homeless single and pregnant/parenting youth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervises Intake and assessment services for clients referred for services.
• Maintains TLP waitlists for pregnant/parenting young adults, oversees status of prospective residents and case management services for clients
• Coordinates with the Office of Supportive Housing Matchmaker regarding referrals from the community queue for the HUD funded THP programs.
• Oversees Host Home Program in Santa Clara and Santa Cruz County. Provides training and support to the Hosts to help ensure success in the matches made with young adults.
• Work with LGBTQ staff to conduct outreach for the Host Home Program and assist in recruiting potential Host Homes.
• Provides training, guidance and oversight for Case Managers in developing and maintaining quality services to all clients. Ensure that Case Managers are providing services within the best practices outlined by the agency.
• Meet with staff regularly to review accomplishments, needs, questions, etc. Help staff grow in their positions. Monitor their performance and documentation.
• Monitor and ensure staff compliance with data entry into AWARDS and HMIS. Review and maintain statistical data and complete documentation in a timely manner, including submitting reports on all contracts.
• Monitor program outputs and outcomes to ensure success. When outcomes are not on track work with team to create a Performance and Quality Improvement plan to get back on track.
• Coordinates and facilitates regularly scheduled meetings such as the aftercare group, case review and staff meetings.
• Provides case management for sites in the absence of the site case manager.
• Attend agency and other program meetings as appropriate.
• Facilitates program development and Performance Quality Improvement for programs and updates policies and procedures as needed.
• Conduct initial 6-month reviews for new hires and annual performance reviews for staff
• Approve financial requests and PTO requests for staff.
• Disciplinary/Corrective actions for staff if needed. Bring any performance concerns to the attention of Human Resources.
• Participate in recruiting of open positions including resume review, interviewing, reference checks and training.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Monitor housing conditions of all Transitional Housing locations. To ensure safety and/or cleanliness issues are addressed in a timely manner. And the properties are maintained at agency standards. Report maintenance issues to Facilities Manager immediately.
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Work with outside agencies to ensure quality of care for youth and their children.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Master's degree (M.A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working with transitional housing programs highly desired. Experience working with culturally diverse youth required. Experience facilitating trainings and groups. Valid CA drivers license with access to a personal vehicle with current Ins. Fingerprinting, TB test & CPR/First Aid required.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/