Weekend and Relief Manager (Part-Time)|
The Children's Inn at NIH
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Jan 07, 2021
||- n/a -
||US - Maryland - Bethesda
||- n/a -
The Weekend and Relief Manager (WRM) is primarily responsible for managing the weekend and on-call activities at The Children’s Inn at NIH and Community Apartments. Weekend & Relief Managers work closely with other members of the Resident Services team providing services to The Children’s Inn and Community Apartments.
• Promote a homelike environment of support and understanding for residents
• Become familiar with all rules, policies and services as they relate to the families residing at both locations
• Act in proactive manner to identify special family situations and take appropriate actions to promote resolution of conflicts
• Ensure proper enforcement of rules and manage conflicts when necessary
• Maintain flexibility and acknowledge stress of communal living
• Meet reasonable needs of the residents
• Update electronic RSM records
• Check-in families per admission procedures
• Activate electronic resident room keys
• Assure timely communication with residents regarding changes in schedules and/or activities
• Explain and clarify policies and procedures to families
• Conduct orientation tours for first visit families
• Process first visit and returning visit reservations for families and administer the background check process
• Assist families with reservations when The Inn is overbooked
• Direct activities on an as-needed basis
• Communicate with medical teams at the Clinical Center regarding patients, as necessary
• Communicate with the Facilities team regarding facility issues and repairs at The Inn
• Communicate with the Community Apartment Property Management Company regarding facility issues and repairs.
• Complete special projects as assigned by the Senior Resident Services Manager, Associate Director of Program and Services or Resident Services Operations Manager
• Attend quarterly team meetings
• Attend staff trainings
• Join regular WRMs conference calls
• Provide back-up coverage to other WRMs and RSMs at The Inn
• Ensure the upkeep and cleanliness of The Inn while on duty
• Facilitate evacuation and emergency procedures
Bachelor degree required. Ability to speak, understand and write in Spanish is preferred.
Work experience in human services (family services, hospital or therapeutic residential settings). Familiarity of hospital routines and the needs of people in stressful or crisis situations desired. Please note this is not a clinical position.
Must have strong communication skills and be computer proficient. Should be friendly and tactful with a compassionate personality. Must be flexible and, when necessary, demonstrate good decision-making ability in order to protect the safety and security of the residents. The Weekend and Relief Manager must be able to cope with and offer comfort to people in acute personal crisis. Should have a positive attitude and work well in a team-oriented environment. Must be open to all and comfortable with a variety of lifestyles. Must have a clean driving record and be willing to participate in The Children’s Inn driver training program in order to operate Children’s Inn vehicles in order to drive families to the Community Apartments on as-needed basis.
Must be in good general health with no history of chronic diseases that could be hazardous to the residents of The Inn and Community Apartments.
Weekend and Relief Managers can expect to work approximately 3-4 shifts per month. The shifts include:
• Saturdays at The Inn from 7:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. or 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 am (Sunday morning)
• Sundays at The Inn from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
In addition, WRMs will be scheduled on a rotating on-call coverage schedule to provide backup day, evening and holiday coverage due to illness, emergency or vacation coverage for other WRMs and RSMs at The Inn. WRMs can expect to be on call about eight weeks per year.